Thursday, August 18, 2005

GOOD NEWS... AND BAD NEWS...
Wednesday, August 18, 2005

Good news:

I can run again! I'm taking it easy - no real speed work, since I think pushing hard for speed is what messed up my calf muscle - but I've done some short runs over the past week and it's been OK. It's really nice being out on the trails again.

Bad news:

Went out on my mountain bike the other night and blasted around the Columbia Circle section of the Albany Pine Bush Preserve for almost 2 hours. That was FUN. Unfortunately, at one point I stopped and moved a fallen tree off the path... and now my back is killing me. So no riding for me for the immediate future, which means the Lowlander Century Ride is off - it costs too much for me to sign up for it when I might not be able to do it. I'm bummed - I've been looking at doing that ride for months now - but I'll replace it with something a little closer to home, probably a Mohawk Hudson Cycling Club ride during their Century Weekend in early September. Don't know that I'll be up for the full Century ride, but maybe I can do the Metric Century or the Half Century. Either way it's a whole lot cheaper and not nearly as long a trip.

Maybe next year I can try for the Lowlander...


Being injured sucks!!!

JMH