Saturday, May 27, 2006

Jedi Turtle or Grease Monkey?
Saturday, May 27, 2006

Last November it was a bad water pump leaking coolant the morning I was driving down to the 'Gunks to run the After the Leaves Have Fallen 20K. In December it was a soft tire (and various mishaps while trying to change it on a sheet of ice) the morning I was driving to Vermont to run the I Love Woodford 3 mile snowshoe race. So I should be starting to expect automotive challenges before races... but I wasn't expecting my alternator to give up the ghost on Friday night, a day and a half before I drive to Ashford CT to run NIPMUCK.

Fortunately, after an evening of stressing about it, I popped over to Advance Auto Parts, bought a remanufactured alternator, and greatest blessing of all, installed it without any problems in about 45 minutes. So apparently this was a speed bump on the road to NIPMUCK and not the powers that be warning me to stay home tomorrow.

JMH