Thursday, May 25, 2006

LAST RUN!
5-6 Mile Run at Five Rivers
Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Well, my last run before NIPMUCK. Not my last run ever! I hope...

The trails at Five Rivers Environmental Education Center were great today... kind of muddy in spots, but that's fun. The section along the Vloman Kill was especially nice - I love all the little waterfalls and the cool rock formations in the stream bed.

I've spent this week recovering from the duathlon last weekend and resting up for NIPMUCK. Short runs, nothing more than 90 minutes. And, oddly enough, it will be nice to get back to doing some longer runs once NIPMUCK is over.

I don't know if I'm truly prepared for NIPMUCK. I readily admit, it's a scary intimidating race right now, since I'm really not sure how well I'll finish (ie running, walking, or crawling) or how long it will take me. The forecasts of hot, humid weather are not helping.

Well, I guess all there is to do is go to Ashford CT on Sunday and find out!

NIPMUCK.

JMH