Sunday, June 25, 2006

A Bit O' Recovery...
Friday, June 23 through Sunday, June 25, 2005

Well, after the Greylock Death March last Sunday and then my all-out effort at Minnewaska on Wednesday, it was fairly clear my legs were well and truly fried. So this weekend I took it somewhat easy - a short (just under 90 minute) slow run in the Pine Bush Friday night, then a short, not too terribly hill-laden, 22.5 mile bike ride Saturday, and finally an 8 mile run down at the Corning Preserve today.

Saturday was a good day for riding - sunny but not horribly hot and humid. I explored a couple of new roads and found a potential way around the killer hill in Unionville. All in all, a fun time... I wish I'd ridden more this spring, so I could have gone out longer.

The Corning Preserve seemed like a good idea because (1) the miles are marked, (2) it's relatively flat, and (3) if I'm going to do a road marathon in September I need to start putting some time in on pavement. I may run down there periodically just because the marked miles give me a good way to judge my pace, which I have to start pushing during my shorter runs.

And my legs are still feeling tired, so I guess an easy week is ahead in preparation for the Finger Lakes Fifties 25K Trail Run next Saturday morning...

-JMH