Tuesday, September 12, 2006

'ROUND & 'ROUND HE GOES...
13 Mile Ride at Colonie Crossings
Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Colonie Crossings trail map
Colonie Crossings information

Before heading to the school to teach karate classes, I took my bike over to the Crossings of Colonie - a fairly nice park located in Colonie near the airport. Having been there previously, I knew that it isn't the most exciting place to ride - but it met my criteria of paved trails with few hills. The only drawback is that there are only about 5 miles of trails, so riding 10 or 15 miles means going around and around like a hamster in a cage...

A pleasant sunny day meant there were a lot of folks walking, running, and riding at the park... but it was still good riding. One of the coolest sights was a heron wading in near the edge of the main pond, by the park lodge.

Had a few minor twinges from my ribs but nothing all that bad, which reinforces that I can continue riding, assuming I can avoid crashing (that would be a disaster at this point...)

JMH