Wednesday, April 25, 2007

RIDING IN THE RAIN
8.8 Miles from Albany to Colonie
Wednesday, April 25, 2007

After the long-ish run last night, I knew running over to class tonight was out of the question... so I made plans to ride over, and then figured I'd play it by ear when it came to getting home (as it turned out, I found out during the day that I had a ride home.)

So I knew it was going to be an interesting evening when it started raining fairly hard around mid-afternoon.

Packed everything I needed in an old duffel, double-wrapped it in garbage bags, and tied it to the rack of my ATB. Then I geared up with my bright yellow rain jacket on top and set out into the cold, wet evening...

It was actually a fairly enjoyable ride. After being sore and creaky all day, it felt good to get my legs moving, and I was able to keep up a pretty good pace despite the weather and my heavy ATB. And it was a real pleasure to just plow over the rough patches and potholes!

By the time I got to the school, I was pretty wet, but that's no big deal. Overall, I'm glad I rode instead of driving... not only do I want to save my car for its last trip to be traded in at Goldstein's, but I had a good parking spot that I would have lost. And there's a certain amount of fun in riding through the rain... especially when you know it's going to be over relatively quickly!

JMH