Monday, April 23, 2007

SUMMER HAS ARRIVED?!!!
Monday, April 23, 2007

And the oddball weather continues. After snow and temperatures barely above freezing a week ago... we move to sunny and in the mid-80's. At least tomorrow's supposed to be a bit more seasonable.

Delayed the long run until tomorrow, partially due to the heat (which I'm not even remotely acclimated to) and partially because my legs were still feeling a bit tired. Wuss or smart training - you decide. But I did go out on my bike for a little over an hour, and knocked off 16 miles pedalling around Albany. I set out to do an easy ride, just to get my legs moving... not surprisingly I rode much of it at workout pace, and cranked up more hills than I probably should have. Other than some windy stretches, it was a great evening for a ride. Looked like lots of folks agreed with me in one way or another, since I saw a lot of people out walking.

So... long run tomorrow, regardless. NIPMUCK is much, much too close... and I'm not even remotely ready.

JMH