Monday, May 14, 2007

STILL NO LONG RUN...
7.8 Miles in the Vischer Ferry Preserve
Monday, May 14, 2007

My legs just weren't up to five hours today... I could tell that walking up and down the stairs at work. So I headed over to Vischer Ferry for a relatively flat recovery run instead, and given the way my legs felt, it was a good move indeed.

Never really reached a point where the running felt good, but I did manage to keep going for 105 minutes or so. Enjoyed the warm weather, despite the blasted bugs. I'm not sure if the critters splashing in the old canal were fish, turtles, or muskrats, but there was definitely a good deal of activity in the water. And one of the real pleasures of spring - the birds!

At this point I'm starting to think it's time to go into taper mode and abandon the last long run. I'll make a definite decision on Wednesday... but if I don't do the long run then, it isn't happening. I don't want to cut my recovery time before NIPMUCK too short... that could doom me to a DNF just as surely as insufficient preparation.

JMH