Thursday, May 17, 2007

...HOW ABOUT A SHORT RUN?
5.2 Miles in the Pine Bush
Thursday, May 17, 2007

It was very clear a long run was not in the cards when I came home from work last night and fell asleep for about an hour. So, I am now officially tapering for NIPMUCK. I can only hope I have a sufficient base that I'll be able to finish despite my lack of long trail runs in the past month. (And if I DNF it's not the end of the world.)

Tonight I headed over to the Pine Bush after getting new tires put on my car (it came with snow tires.) I'm looking forward to it being a bit quieter and maybe getting even better gas mileage than it does now. Anyway, I headed out on the somewhat busy trails (within the first mile I was passed by four runners and two riders) and it became quickly clear that last weekend took a lot out of my legs... they were very tired, even though I've barely run at all this week. Hopefully tomorrow's rest will leave them in good shape for the Rochester Spring Classic Duathlon on Saturday morning.

I also tried out a pair of my new Injinji Tetratsoks tonight, and I have to admit they're very comfortable, though some padding in the heel and maybe under the ball of the foot could be nice. With luck they'll cut down on some of the blistering I'm prone to... though at $12-$16 a pair, I don't foresee having a huge supply of them anytime soon.

JMH