Thursday, June 07, 2007

No Run Today... But Hopefully a Ride!
Thursday, June 7, 2007

It was tough riding home yesterday and not going out for a longer ride... while it was chilly, I was itching to get outside. I've spent far too much time over the last two-three weeks cooped up indoors with papers and tests.

The hip is definitely doing better today, though it's still giving me twinges. I'm going to try for an easy ride today, and I'm leaving Saturday morning up in the air... I'd like to run the Mendon race, but not if it's going to jeopardize my running the modified Greylock trail half marathon the following weekend. (There's a new course this year because the roads to the summit are closed for the next two years as massive road reconstruction is done, so there's no realistic way to get the aid station supplies to the three places on the course they've been in the past. Still, the word is to expect "trails offering running worthy of the mountain" - which I suspect means we can anticipate lots of uphill climbing!) I'd really like to complete the long WMAC trail trilogy (Greylock, Savoy, and Monroe Dunbar Brook) this year.

JMH