Thursday, June 07, 2007

15 Mile Ride Along the Mohawk-Hudson Bike Path
Thursday, June 7, 2007

Despite the fact that it would mean losing sleep tonight to finish grading exams, I headed over to the bike path west of Schenectady for an easy ride. What a great day for a ride - sunny, warm, not too windy... perfect! And the bike path wasn't very crowded to boot!


Rode out to the railroad crossing at Scrafford Lane and back... took it easy riding back because I was trying to use up the film I started during the 2nd half of NIPMUCK on Sunday, and got some (hopefully) nice pictures of the path, the beaver pond, and the old Erie Canal. Also saw a kingfisher fly down and (presumably) nab himself a fish with a good-sized splash... very cool.




Best of all... my sore hip didn't bother me much at all during the ride. Maybe there's hope for my running the race Saturday morning after all...


JMH