Sunday, November 18, 2007

Lil Rhody Runaround - Another DNS
Sunday, November 18, 2007

Alarm went off, and apparently instead of hitting the snooze I turned it off completely... and by the time I woke up again, there was no way I could drive to Burlingame State Park in Rhode Island with any sort of comfortable time buffer for rest stops and getting checked in and changed once I got there.

So I took it as a sign that I needed the sleep more than I needed to drive 7 hours round trip to run a race, and went back to sleep.

Maybe next year...

It has become apparent that my 2007 series of Strenuous Weekends has basically come to an end... I have three more organized runs I'm looking to do (the RT Turkey Run 5 Miler in Rochester, Gail's Trail Run in Westerchester, and probably the Last Chance Trail Run in Fabius) but I think it's time to admit that I've shifted gears to mostly active rest rather than hard training and racing. Next year I plan to balance training and racing better in the fall... but the 2007 fall racing season was fun while it lasted!

JMH