Friday, March 14, 2008

Two Snowshoe Races... But Not for the Turtle
Friday, March 14, 2008

Tomorrow there are two races that are connected to the Western Mass Athletic Club's series - in the morning the final race of the series, the Massachusetts State Championships at Northfield Mountain, and then in the late afternoon a Sunset Snowshoe race at Catamount Ski Area in Hillsdale, NY.

As much as I enjoyed my visit to Northfield a month ago, I had pretty much ruled that one out just due to travel time... I'm heading west this weekend and don't particularly feel like adding a 4 hour round trip east to my driving. On the other hand, I would have really liked to do the Catamount race, in part because I used to live 5 minutes away in the center of Hillsdale, and it would have been a blast to run there again. Unfortunately, between the bug I'm fighting (which is now mostly lodged in my chest and throat) and not having been out to Rochester to see my sweetie in a month, it just is not meant to be. With luck it will be a big success and I can go next year...

JMH