Thursday, June 26, 2008

12.8 Mile Ride from Albany to Colonie
Thursday, June 26, 2008

I'd been planning to go for a run today, possibly even over to the karate school to teach class, but my stomach ended up a bit grumbly this afternoon so I ended up riding instead - my first true urban ride of the season. Riding through the city never gets any easier.

Made a few side trips to add a few miles to the ride... looped down around Buckingham Lake and also rode the loop around the state office campus between Western and Washington Aves. But my favorite part of the ride was, as always, the short stretch through Rensselaer Lake Park, riding along the shore of the lake and the edge of the Pine Bush Preserve.

One of the problems with a short ride like this - while I'm riding my legs feel like they're filled with cement, and by the time they get warmed up, it's time to stop riding and I want to keep going!

JMH