Tuesday, November 04, 2008

A NICE NIGHT FOR A RIDE
12.8 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Weather was just too nice to pass up today... so after being stuck indoors all day with parent-teacher conferences I took my ATB over to the bike path and went for the first night ride of the season. I probably could have done most of it without lights - the cloudy sky was reflecting a lot of light pollution - but I used my LED headlights just to be safe and was fairly pleased with how well they lit the path.

I would have liked to go a bit further, but between riding the heavier bike, using my riding muscles in a slightly different way (due to the more upright posture for riding an ATB) and my legs still feeling a bit tired (what a wimp!) I kept the ride fairly short. With luck the mild weather will stay through tomorrow evening when I head out for a run....

JMH