Friday, November 07, 2008

STANDARD TIME... BLEAH...
Friday, November 7, 2008

Most of the comments I hear about Standard Time this time of year focus on gaining an extra hour of sleep on the night we set the clocks back and occasionally how it's nice to have daylight for the trip to work in the morning.

Me, I absolutely hate the switch to standard time.

Basically, the switch back from Daylight Savings Time means any run or ride I do after work is going to be in the dark, until somewhere around mid-February or so. An occasional run or ride after dark is fun and cool... but 3 1/2 months of them is tough. I have a hard enough time getting my butt out the door when it's light out!

It also takes me at least a week to adjust to the new time... don't know why, an hour shouldn't be a big deal, but I always feel tired and sluggish in the evenings for a while after the switch. (Or maybe I'm always that way and this just gives me an excuse to notice it.)

Oh, well. Enough griping. (And let's be honest, if this is the worst thing I have to gripe about, I continue to have it awfully darn good!)

JMH