Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Quick Stop at the South Egremont Mill Pond
Saturday, March 21, 2009

I initially headed toward Great Barrington to grab some food and fill up my gas tank in MA (currently about 20 cents less per gallon than NY) but as I drove past the Mill Pond in South Egremont I saw dozens of geese and a swan there, so I decided to stop and see if I could get some decent pictures (a lot of the shore is pretty overgrown.)

Apparently I arrived toward the end of the geese' gathering, since while I was there groups took off and headed away over the hills... by the time I left, there were only two dozen or so geese left on the pond. Maybe, like me, they suddenly realized it was well past dinner time... in the end I decided to save myself half an hour of extra driving and just headed straight home.

JMH