Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Short Walk at Onondaga Lake Park
Sunday, March 22, 2009

Definitely draggin' today... guess yesterday's run and snowshoe race took more out of me than I thought. It also feels like my cold may be flaring back up, probably because I stood around after the race yesterday for too long without warm enough clothes. Oh, well.

I found myself getting drowsy during the drive west this afternoon, so I stopped at Onondaga Lake Park for a short walk to wake myself up. It turned out to be a very short walk, because it was freakin' cold! And some dummy left his hat and gloves in the car. But as I walked along the shore of the lake I watched the ducks, geese, and gulls... and had a squirrel following me around, clearly hoping to mooch some food off of me. Whenever I stopped walking he'd come right up to me and look up with what I can only interpret as a hopeful expression, and at one point he came right up to my shoe - I was almost worried he was going to climb up my leg!

The cold air did have the desired effect of waking me up, even if it did cut my walk short... but since I was running very late for getting out to Ann's anyway, that was probably a good thing as well.

JMH