Saturday, August 22, 2009

National Trail Running Day
Saturday, August 22, 2009

Apparently today is the 1st Annual National Trail Running Day... from what I've managed to find on-line, it was started by trailrunner Chris Barber of SeriousRunning.com, in an effort to help more folks become aware of the benefits and fun of running on trails. I have to admit I have mixed feelings about that... on the one hand I'd like people to find the same sorts of enjoyment as I do out in the woods, but I'm also a cranky old trailrunner who sometimes finds the trails too crowded for his liking...

Regardless, I guess I'd should try to get out running on a trail somewhere today... right now the prospects for that aren't looking too good, since I should be driving out to Rochester and I'm already getting off to a very late start.

JMH