Friday, August 21, 2009

A Decision Made...
Friday, August 21, 2009

Cancelled my motel room for the night before next weekend's Green Lakes Endurance Runs... which means I've decided not to go, since it's very unlikely I would leave Rochester at 4 AM or so to get there in time to check in and start the 50k at 6:45 AM. Based on the last few runs I've done, I doubt I'd finish more than 2 of the 4 loops, and at this point I don't think it makes sense to spend over $100 on a room to go to a race I won't finish, not when I can spend the entire weekend out in Rochester with Ann instead.

It's very frustrating - as I think I said a few days ago, before I screwed up my knee I was probably in the best distance-running shape I've ever been in since getting back to doing a lot of running and riding in 2005... but so it goes. I'll just have to work hard this fall and next year to get back to there and make next year the one where I run an ultra.

Still haven't decided Pisgah vs. Rochester for mid-September... I'm waiting to see how my running goes over the next two weeks to see if I even have a prayer of finishing Rochester in a reasonable time... or if I want to choose one or more of the many other options available that weekend...

JMH