Tuesday, September 22, 2009

SNOWSHOEING?????
Tuesday, September 22, 2009

It's funny... today I was thinking about fall races and how the time is going to fly by and it will be snowshoe season before we know it... and then tonight I discovered that the tentative schedule for the 2010 WMAC Dion Snowshoe Racing Series is online. As is the 2010 Granite State Snowshoe Series schedule. And not long ago I received an e-mail from Tim and Mort at Goose Racing which mentioned their snowshoe events, as well as the USSSA's National Championships which are being held in March at Highland Forest Park near Syracuse (unfortunately, I don't know that I have a prayer of qualifying for Nationals... I'd have to finish within 130% of my age group winner's time, and that just isn't very likely.)

Right now I just want to get through the fall racing season with my knees intact and a sub-7 hour finish at the Bobcat Trail Marathon... but I have to admit that I'm looking ahead and hoping for another snow-covered winter with lots of good snowshoeing!

JMH