Monday, October 26, 2009

So Much for Getting Back to Training...
Monday, October 26, 2009

I don't recall anything specific tweaking my knee (the one I injured way back at the end of June, precipitating my downward slide into the ranks of out-of-shape runner-hood) yesterday, so maybe it was just having run 13 miles when I haven't been training... but my knee is the sorest it's been in quite a while. So no running for me for at least a couple of days - right now, even next Sunday's 20k at beautiful Minnewaska is questionable, though I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

If this keeps up, I may actually end up breaking my long-standing tradition of avoiding the doctor's office and get it checked out, to see what my options are for trying to fix the problem... while rest definitely helps, it doesn't seem to be going away (or at least becoming much more manageable over time, like my other knee problems.)

JMH