Tuesday, October 27, 2009

No Bobcat Trail Marathon For Me... Sigh.
Monday, October 26, 2009

I was really looking forward to running a new race and seeing some new sights (and adding Ohio to my slowly growing list of places I've run marathons) but Sunday's race at Thacher made it very clear it just isn't going to happen. Lack of training has left me at the point where I finished the Hairy Gorilla Half Marathon feeling like I'd run a full marathon... and with a 7 hour time limit at Bobcat, the likelihood I'd even finish the race is very low. Add in the expense of getting my car repaired from last week's hit-and-run and a trip to Ohio to run a race I probably wouldn't finish makes zero sense.

And that doesn't even begin to factor in how much my knee has been hurting since yesterday's race...

Maybe next year...

JMH