Friday, May 06, 2011

2.3 Mile Walk To & Through Washington Park
Friday, May 6, 2011

Exhausted from a very long night grading exams and I had a parking spot right in front of the house, so I really wasn'y inclined to drive anywhere this evening. Instead I took the opportunity to walk to Washington Park, walked a loop around the lake, and then headed back home again. Things were hopping in the park - warm, summer-like evening, plus they were getting ready for the annual Tulip Festival tomorrow.

I spent much of the time being reminded why I don't go to Washington Park very often - too many people. Plus I can't say I find the walk there all that pleasant... heading downtown the neightborhoods definitely start to slide downhill (then again, I've thought my neighborhood has been sliding downhill for a while now!) So while it was a mostly pleasant walk, it's not one I expect to repeat in the near future.

JMH