Saturday, May 07, 2011

Sleeping Through the Thom Bugliosi 26k Trail Race... Aaargh!
Saturday, May 7, 2011

Slept through my alarm this morning and woke up about 20 min before I was supposed to be on the road to Hammond Hill State Forest in Dryden to run the Thom Bugliosi trail race. If I'd rushed like crazy I probably could have made it... but I suspect I would have gotten there and found out I'd forgotten something important, like my shoes. And I was still pretty tired - staying up most of the night Thursday to grade exams took a lot out of me. So I turned off the alarm and went back to sleep, darn it.

It's particularly annoying because the race has a cutoff for running the 2nd loop, and I was planning to use it as a test to indicate whether I'm on track to being able to make the cutoffs at Sehgahunda in three weeks. Of course, if I hadn't made the cutoff (which happened a couple of years ago) I'd be spending the next three weeks worrying... so maybe it's for the best. But I'm still disappointed with myself for oversleeping and missing the race.

JMH