Wednesday, October 05, 2011

1 Mile Walk at Ann Lee Pond
Wednesday, October 5, 2011

By the time I was done teaching my weekly karate lesson it was getting pretty late - only half an hour or so before sundown (curse the ever-decreasing hours of daylight!) I probably should have brought my gear with me and gone for a run, but I settled for a very short walk instead, at Ann Lee Pond. Walked out to the crazy bridge, which has several trees down over the western end (fortunately the branches had been cut back enough to allow access) and it looks like the local hooligans have decided to knock out railings on the eastern end, since the town has replaced the ones that were smashed up on the western side. I just don't understand the idiotic need to wreck stuff just for the sake of destruction.

No wildlife in sight, though I did hear a couple of loud splashes that I suspect were muskrats jumping in the pond.

I did find it a bit interesting that people in both parking lots left fairly quickly after I showed up... don't think I want to know what they were up to...

JMH