Friday, October 28, 2011

DUCK, DUCK, GOOSE...
0.7 Mile Walk at Buckingham Lake
Friday, October 28, 2011





Not a lot of time before Ann arrived this evening, so I settled for a short walk around Buckingham Lake before running a couple of errands. Dozens of ducks and geese there - I grabbed the bag of birdseed from the car and tossed some to the ducks, who seemed to enjoy it. Tried the same with the geese, but they expected bread - especially this one, who walked right up to me and stared at me as if to say "I'm here, where's my food?" - so they ignored the seed.



The section on the far shore that runs level with the water is still a mess from the repairs the city made after the storm damage in late August/early September. Wish I thought they were going to fix it next spring, but probably not.





When I got back to the parking area, I spent a few moments observing the ducks and geese again - and someone must have given the secret signal, because first groups of ducks began taking flight, and then all the geese took off. I guess the ducks that stayed behind were the ones who are the normal residents.



JMH