Friday, October 28, 2011

ICE & SNOW... & MORE ON THE WAY?
Friday, October 28, 2011

I guess I shouldn't have been surprised to find everything covered in a coat of icy snow when I went out to go to work this morning, but I was. Thank heavens I'd dragged my scraper out of the trunk over the weekend (when I needed to scrape ice off my windows Sunday morning) - but it was still a chore getting the car to a point where I could safely drive to school.

It was bright and sunny so I expected the snow to disappear quickly... but this was the view out my classroom window until pretty late in the morning.



Now they're saying we'll be getting more snow tomorrow - possibly a foot or more in some areas (Thacher? That could make running Sunday's race interesting, to say the least... maybe I'll throw my snowshoes in the car...) preceded by rain and a wintry mix. Which has me wondering if I'll be doing the Ulstercorps Service Sprint after all; I enjoyed it a lot last year, but I don't think it's worth risking an accident to run a 4.7 mile race. Guess I'll just have to wait and see what the weather looks like in the morning.

And once this taste of winter is over - can we have fall back for a while?

JMH