Saturday, November 19, 2011

MISSING YOU...
Saturday, November 19, 2011


I've been missing you, more than words can say,
And that I've been thinking about it every day.


-Missing You, Chris De Burgh (1988)

When I left the house this afternoon I was struck by how lifeless it seems when I'm not there... I guess I always used to have a sense of Chaos being there (and even further back, Ninja too) even when she wasn't visible. I try not too think about it very often, but sometimes it just hits me - like this afternoon. I miss my two fuzzy beasties.

Often when Ann comes to visit we'll go for a walk at one of the places I enjoy visiting near Albany - Thacher Park, Vischer Ferry, Five Rivers, and others. Sometimes when I go back to those places I find myself thinking about walking there with Ann and really wishing she could be there with me again, seeing the things I'm seeing. We've visited Five Rivers several times, most recently just a couple of weeks ago, and back in August we spent some time in RI and CT where I'm heading today and tomorrow. Today is one of the many days that I miss my best friend and sweetheart.

JMH