Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Beaver Lake Snowshoe Race Postponed to February
Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Again, no surprise (though I had slight hope Baldwinsville might get enough snow between now and Sunday) - the Beaver Lake Nature Center snowshoe race has been postponed to Sunday, February 12. Which unfortunately puts it in conflict with both the Highland Forest race and Hoot Toot & Whistle in Readsboro, VT.

Hard to say what the upcoming weekend holds for me... I'm guessing that the Turner Trail snowshoe race will either be postponed or cancelled due to lack of snow, so I'll probably be heading out west to run Frozen Assets - either on snowshoes or as a trail race, depending on how much white stuff Harriet Hollister Spencer State Recreation Area gets between now and Saturday morning...

UPDATE: Apparently Harriet Hollister currently has enough snow... looks likely I'll be snowshoeing Saturday morning!

JMH