Friday, January 06, 2012

Change of Plans...
Friday, January 6, 2012

Latest word is there's not likely to be enough snow left at Harriet Hollister Spencer State Recreation Area (that's a mouthful!) for a snowshoe race tomorrow, so Frozen Assets will probably be a sloppy trail race. As much as I'd like to go out there and run (and spend a good chunk of the weekend with my sweetheart afterwards) - I'm tired and have a ton of work to catch up on, and it just makes more sense to stay here, get in some runs and rides closer to home, and get some work done.

What has the world come to, when I'm doing what makes sense instead of heading off to a run in parts unknown? Perhaps we've slipped into a parallel universe or this is just another sign of the coming Apocalypse... or maybe I've just earned a tiny bit of wisdom as I've gotten older. In any case, looks like this will be a relatively local weekend for me.

Unfortunately, the long term forecast isn't looking good for next weekend either, but there's still time for Mother Nature to throw a curveball and bury us in some wonderful winter snow. Keeping my fingers crossed...

JMH