Thursday, January 05, 2012

THAT'S A LOT OF CROWS...
2.5 Mile Walk Through the Pine Hills Neighborhood
Thursday, January 5, 2012

Fell asleep after work instead getting out for a run - but did manage to drag my backside out the door for a walk to the store. Took the "scenic route" on the way there - it was much warmer tonight that two days ago, and still very quiet - I wish that was going to last!

Not far from the store I heard something above me and looked up - and saw about 200 crows roosting for the night in a couple of trees. I wish I'd had my camera along; there was enough light reflecting off the cloud cover that I probably could have gotten some shots of them. Stood watching them for a bit... a couple of times something startled groups into flight (it's impressive how much noise 50 or so crows make when they all take off at the same time) but they always returned to the same trees after a bit.

JMH