Wednesday, January 04, 2012

LACK OF SNOW STRIKES AGAIN...
Turner Trail Snowshoe Race Postponed A Week
Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Again, no surprise, there's no currently no snow so the Turner Trail snowshoe race scheduled for this Saturday has been moved the the following weekend (weather permitting) and Greylock Glen, which I co-direct, has been postponed indefinitely. So I will definitely be heading west for the Frozen Assets race, which as of two days ago looked like it will be a snowshoe event. I was hoping to do a little snowshoeing before the first race of the season, but we don't always get what we want. At least it's only a 5k... and if I had to guess, the snow probably isn't very deep.

On the plus side - finding this out today saved me a trip to Greylock Glen tomorrow after work to run the trails and check if there were trees down, etc... now maybe I can drag my sorry backside out the door closer to home for a run!

JMH