Sunday, July 08, 2012

Cleaning and Organizing Sucks...
Sunday, July 8, 2012

... though I suppose I'll be glad when it's done... but for the last two weeks my place has been even more of a shambles than usual, as I'm trying to use the excuse of setting up the new computer as an opportunity to clean up and reorganize some of my stuff.

The most time consuming part is probably sorting through the piles of stuff I've accumulated since the last time I did a major cleanup (easily 4-5 years or more.) The amount of crap I'm throwing out is incredible - this is the 7 contractor bags that I've filled, plus a pile of other junk, since I was last here to put the garbage out, almost 2 weeks ago, from essentially two rooms (the living room, which I tackled first so that I'd have room to move things around as I slogged through the work room.)


On the plus side, once the work is done, this place should be a bit more liveable, at least until the clutter builds up again. I'd like to think I'll have learned from this and will toss stuff before it accumulates and requires a major upheaval to get rid of it - but who am I kidding?

With luck I'll be able to move the new computer out of the corner of my bedroom and into the work room by Wednesday... which means of course that then it will be time to tackle the bedroom...

JMH