Monday, July 09, 2012

THE YEAR OF THE DNS (DID NOT START)
1.7 Mile Walk at Buckingham Lake
Monday, July 9, 2012

I was really looking forward to running the 1st race in the New Paltz Summer Series, Undercliff/Overcliff, this evening... unfortunately I didn't get much sleep last night and when I started the drive south, I found myself doing inexplicable things like stopping at green lights (fortunately with no one behind me!) So before I got on the thruway I turned around and came back home. Darn it.



I considered going out for a run but again didn't feel like driving far... or running, to be honest. So instead I headed over to Buckingham Lake for a walk. Lots of people, and a distinct lack of ducks, though at the end one of the mallards with youngsters showed up, and the lone youngster that everyone seemed to enjoy beating up on was looking for food too.





Water levels are the lowest I've ever seen them - but then that's the same everywhere around here. Around here we're close to 4" below normal for the year so far, and that's on top of the lack of snow melt after our horrendously snow-free winter.


JMH