Sunday, August 05, 2012

Whupped Turtle - TFWOAC! Kicked My Butt Big Time
Sunday, August 5, 2012

Yup, I was right... 4 races in 2 days was not the brightest thing to attempt, especially in the middle of summer (hot weather sucks for racing, in my book) and given my current state of training (or rather, lack thereof.)

So the final score is

Race the Train - DNS, due to lack of sleep the night before
Moonlight in Vermont - a definite success
Indian Ladder 15k - survived, with a lot of walking
Indian Ladder 3.5mi - DNS, the 15k wiped me out and I would have had to walk most of the short race

I think it is fair to say I well and truly got my butt kicked by TFWOAC!

Of course, if past experience is a reliable guide, Moonlight in Vermont will probably not fall on this weekend next year - usually it's mid-July. So if I decide to take on a challenge it will have to be a "mere" three races... and I'd better be a lot more consistent in my training than I was this year.

JMH