Wednesday, September 11, 2013

IT WAS A DARK AND STORMY NIGHT
3 Mile Walk Around the Pine Hills Neighborhood
Wednesday, September 11, 2013

And after a positively sweltering day (the heat index was in the low 100's this afternoon) dark and stormy was definitely welcome, as it meant the cold front was finally moving in. Even the splatters of rain that made it past my umbrella felt good. Though it would have been nice to have a better view of the lightning that lit up the sky periodically.

Tomorrow it's supposed to be stormy for much of the day, so probably no riding then either... maybe I'll try a short slow run instead, since I overslept and missed the Barry Hopkins 3.8mi last Sunday at Olana. I'd like to get some sort of clue about where my knee is at before next weekend, so I can decide if I want to try either of the races I've looked at (the Red Apple 10k down in Kinderhook or the Falling Leaves 14k out in Utica.)

JMH