Thursday, September 12, 2013

MORE RAIN
2.2 Mile Walk at Buckingham Lake
Thursday, September 12, 2013

Three times around Buckingham Lake, which is once again more appropriately referred to as "Duckingham" Lake... after being mostly absent the last few times I was there, tonight the area near the parking lot was covered with ducks, and there were a few in scattered locations elsewhere along the shore as well.

Since it had rained on and off since late afternoon, not too many folks there tonight... a couple of people fishing and an occasional person walking their dog. It's always nice to have the path mostly to myself.

Of course, between the storm clouds and the ever-earlier sunset, it was getting pretty dark by the time I wrapped up my third loop around 7:30... an unwelcome reminder that the dark evenings are coming, and before too much longer I'll be doing most of my weekday walks, rides, and (hopefully) runs in the dark...

JMH