Friday, May 08, 2015

... AND THE BIRDIES ARE SINGING...
11.7 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Friday, May 8, 2015

I had hoped to ride a bit further from my usual stomping grounds tonight, but I got on the road later than I intended and didn't want to risk finishing in the dark... so I stopped at the Rotterdam Kiwanis Park and spent some time on the bike path along the Mohawk and the old Erie Canal.

I was a bit surprised at how few people were out, especially after last night's packed parking lots and bike path... not that I'm complaining. Maybe the unseasonal heat is getting to folks - I know I'd like to see it dialed back to spring, instead of early summer.

Lots of birds singing tonight... while I didn't spot them, I definitely heard several towhees and orioles. The geese are still nesting, but I would imagine they'll be hatching in another week or two - I think it was a couple of weeks ago that I saw them setting up their nests.

Another short ride so that I don't fry my legs before tomorrow's duathlon... maybe next week I can get in a longer ride again.

JMH