Wednesday, June 24, 2015

ITTY BITTY KILDEERS & A BIKE GLITCH SOLVED
16.9 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Well, I think I solved the problem with my bike feeling like it was dragging an anchor since I switched over to the Gatorskins and heavy duty tubes - it looks like the nuts on the rear wheel were overtightened and putting extra pressure on the bearings. I loosened them ever so slightly and now the bike is riding like it did before the new tires. I think it's fair to say that my ride tonight felt the best it has in almost two weeks.


After struggling up and over the hills in front of Knolls and GE R&D, I swung by the parking lot next to the dog park at Blatnick Park to check out the kildeers and see if I could spot their nest - and instead saw a tiny fuzzball of a kildeer zipping around the parking lot near (presumably) mom. When mom moved to chase after him three more youngsters were revealed, who then proceeded to scatter all around the lot, with most ending up over with dad while mom tried to lead me away. Once I got closer to dad, they hustled back over to mom and tucked in underneath her... while I like the cooler weather, perhaps it's not a comfortable for the little fuzzballs.


 
 
 
 
 JMH