Tuesday, June 23, 2015

GRUMBLING KNEE...
5.5 Mile Run at Thacher State Park
Tuesday, June 23, 2015

While it was good to spend some time on the trails at Thacher, and running during the brief downpour felt great (much better than the hot and humid weather the rest of the day) - my knee let me know whenever I hit gnarly terrain or anything going up/down that it wasn't happy.

Unfortunately, while Minnewaska tomorrow night is smooth carriage trails, it's also almost all up and down - and it's where I injured my knee back in 2009, hammering the downhills in the 2nd half of the race. I could go with the self-timed option and take it really easy... but it doesn't see worth the risk.

I had already planned to bail on Nipmuck South Sunday due to the distance and the gnarly terrain... but now I'm questioning if my backup, the Old Goat run at Ganondagan, makes all that much more sense, given all the hills on the course.

Sigh.

JMH