Sunday, March 13, 2016

12.1 Mile Ride Through the Corning Preserve & Schuyler Flatts Cultural Park
Sunday, March 13, 2016

The bike path through the Corning Preserve is probably one of my least favorite off-road places to ride near Albany - it runs parallel to I787, so there's a lot of traffic noise, and once you cross the Watervliet town line, the pavement has a lot of bumpy, uneven stretches - it really needs to be repaved like the Albany portion was a few years ago. But it does have the advantage of being only 10-15 minutes away, and on a good day I can ride the whole thing, including doing a loop or two around Schuyler Flatts, in about an hour.

Thanks to the switch to Daylight Savings Time (hurray!) I had plenty of time to get in a short ride after getting home from central NY. My legs were definitely feeling the effects of all the hills yesterday, but I kept up a pretty good pace for the entire ride. 

Thirty miles in two days... not bad for early March...

JMH