Monday, March 14, 2016

A CHILLY, GREY DAY...
5.6 Mile Run at Schodack Island State Park
Monday, March 14, 2016

I don't go to Schodack Island State Park very often... with a few exceptions (like the time I saw dozens of herons in the tidal flats) it tends to be a pretty unexceptional place. But the trails there are fairly level and fairly soft, and I haven't been there since last August - so that's where I headed today to try some running, after almost a week of my knees griping up a storm.

The rain had stopped by the time I left the house, but I got hit with a squall on the way to the park... which fortunately let up just as I got ready to run, and it stayed dry the whole time I was there. One plus to the lousy weather - there was no one else there when I got there, and only two other cars there when I finished.

The state has built two campgrounds complete with comfort stations off in the woods between the administrative building  and the day use/boat launch parking. It looks pretty impressive - hopefully they'll do good business.

JMH