Saturday, March 12, 2016

UP & DOWN THE NISKAYUNA HILLS
17.9 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Saturday, March 12, 2016

Temperatures were supposed to reach the low 60's today but were only in the mid-40's when I got to the bike path... fortunately I had a both a long-sleeved shirt and a jersey on underneath my jacket, but my hands were pretty chilly for the first half of my ride. 

I was feeling pretty good when I got to the base of the old landfill, so I decided to head up the hill past Knolls and GE. My legs are definitely out of climbing condition - but I made it up all the hills without having to get off and push, which felt pretty good.

Unfortunately, there was a mild headwind all the way back, and in the end my legs got tired enough that I decided to turn around at the Onderdonk Ave crossing - only to find that I was somehow fighting a headwind on the way back, too. At least it had warmed up enough that riding was very comfortable...

JMH