Friday, March 11, 2016

3.3 Mile Walk at the Vischer Ferry Nature & Historic Preserve
Friday, March 11, 2016

I had originally hoped to ride tonight, but it was very windy and I really didn't feel like spending at least half my ride fighting against the wind. Since I got out of work before the worst of the traffic would start up, I headed north to the Vischer Ferry Nature Preserve to do some walking and check out the migrating waterfowl.

The parking area was packed when I got there; despite that, I only ran into a few people out on the trails. The town has been doing a lot of tree cutting along the towpath, which strikes me as a shame - what can I say, I like trees. Not that many waterfowl yet - mostly geese and mallards, with a few teals. Given how warm it's been it's hard to remember sometimes that it's only early March and migration season hasn't quite kicked in yet.

JMH