Wednesday, March 09, 2016

A VERY COMFORTABLE NEW HELMET
Wednesday, March 9, 2016

For as long as I can remember, I've used Bell cycling helmets, and they've served me well. They fit better than the other types I've tried, they've held up well to banging around the back seat of my car, and on the couple of occasions when I've had a bad crash, they've kept my noggin' intact. Which is why I picked up a couple of future replacements of my current helmet, the Bell Slant, when Nashbar recently had them on sale - I'd rather deal with storing them until I need them than searching for an entirely new helmet when it turns out Bell's no longer making that model any more. The same sale featured a very reasonably priced helmet by Ascent, the Vojan, which had good reviews, and for some reason I added one to the order. And I'm very glad I did, because it turns out that at least initially, it's probably the most comfortable helmet I've ever worn.

I wore it for a ride for the first time today, and my opinion hasn't changed. It's possible that as I use it more I may find some points of irritation, or maybe it will turn out to be much hotter than the Bells once summer gets here, or who knows what else - only time will tell. But at the moment I think I may have found a better helmet, which is pretty neat.

JMH