Wednesday, March 09, 2016

SUMMER ARRIVES EARLY?
15.2 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Wednesday, March 9, 2016

80 degrees when I left work today - crazy. Fortunately I had planned ahead and brought my bike and bike clothes to work, so I was able to beat the traffic and got over to Lock 8 a little after 4 PM... plenty of time to do the entire path before dark. Apparently everyone else thought the same thing - the parking lots at Lock 8 and just down the road were packed, and there were people all over the place on the path.


Looks like March... you'd never know it was 80 degrees!


There's even some ice left on the surface of the old Erie Canal.



Turtles large and small enjoying the sunshine and warm weather.




Three more days until daylight savings time begins - I'm really looking forward to having that extra hour of daylight in the evening!

JMH