Tuesday, March 08, 2016

AND THAT'S A WRAP, FOLKS...
Snowshoe Season Silently Slips Away
Tuesday, March 8, 2016

No surprise, seeing as we have no snow and no prospect for any in the near future (heck, it's supposed to hit close to 70 degrees tomorrow...) so the final race of the series at Prospect Mountain XC ski center has been cancelled. While I would have gone over there had the event been held as a trail race, I can't say I mind all that much... since I'll most likely be heading out to Syracuse on Saturday, now I can go for a run or a ride somewhere in central NY.

I seem to remember my first season (back in 2005-06) was almost as bad as this one, with many of the races being cancelled or held as trail events... but even then we had one or two storms that dropped some decent snow. According the a meteorologist on the radio last week, the official total for Albany this winter is around 10 inches of snow, with no single storm dropping more than 2-3 inches.

Anyway, time to pull the snowshoes out of the trunk of my car and pack them away again until next December... when hopefully we can look forward to a winter with a little more snow than we had this time around.

JMH