Thursday, May 19, 2016

3.2 Mile Run to the CDPHP Workforce Challenge
1.7 Mile Walk Home from the CDPHP Workforce Challenge
Thursday, May 19, 2016

The shortest route to Empire State Plaza (where the Workforce Challenge is staged) is to go two blocks over to Madison Ave and just head toward the river... it's about a mile and a half. So naturally I ran over toward the school, along Hackett Blvd and down to Lincoln Park, then through the park and over to the Plaza. On the plus side, my legs were feeling much better by the time I go there than they were when I left (which is why I ran to the race in the first place.)

Afterwards I spoke briefly with my teammates and then headed over to pick up my shirt and my goodie bag before walking home. I had planned to take the direct route, but ended up taking a detour through Washington Park instead, which was very peaceful. I even saw a male and female wood duck in the pond. I think I should go down there more often - in all the time I've lived here, less than a mile away, I've only been there on a handful of occasions.

JMH