Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Slow & Steady 2016 - Race #8
Olana Star Loop 10k trail race
Wednesday, May 18, 2016

I spent tonight's run feeling like I should have had a sing on my back that said "Relax - I'm 20 minutes behind you." Given that my knees have been cranky, I started 20 minutes early and self-timed my run, so that the folks manning the finish line wouldn't have to wait quite as long. I had actually planned to start 45 minutes early... but I hadn't counted on falling asleep after I got home from work.

There's something about the Olana trails that I really enjoy, despite all the hills... it was very peaceful for the first half hour, and even after the faster runners started overtaking me, it was still really nice to be out there on those trails, regardless of how slow I was going.

I think another reason I really wanted to do tonight's run is that tomorrow I'm running the Workforce Challenge in Albany... me and about 9000 other people in downtown Albany. Not my idea of a good time. So I really needed tonight's run on some quiet, gorgeous trails, and there is no question it was worth every minute and every mile of the drive down to Olana and back.

2016 Event Totals
Run 80.2 mi, 20 hr 20 min
Bike 21.5 mi, 1 hr 40 min

Snowshoe 6.2 mi, 1 hr 39 min
Kayak 0 mi, 0 min

states visited: CT, MA, NY, RI